It’s beginning to look… a tiny bit like Christmas. I was getting a little sad that I haven’t really gotten into the Christmas spirit this year, so I decided to pick up a few little decorations to spruce up our apartment.
I picked up some horribly fake pre-lit garland, a box of cheap bulbs (hung with paperclips, no less) and 2 pages of holiday window clings and suddenly I feel much better.
Now I just have to wrap about 8,000 more gifts and I’ll be good to go!
I can’t decide if I’m proud or kicking myself for starting up Weight Watchers right before the holidays, but regardless now that I’ve lost 5 lbs I’m determined try to stay on plan over the holidays. Or at least be slightly better than I would any other year.
Of course, that means I have to survive countless lunches, dinners and and an endless stream of sweets. My first big challenge is a holiday potluck at work, and to get things started, I’m bringing the world’s worst (and most delicious) mac ‘n cheese. Ha – good planning, Kristin.
So, here’s my potluck plan of attack:
- Make only one plate – only take the stuff I really want to eat.
- Take only one spoonful of the bad stuff. Just enough to satisfy the need to indulge.
- If they’re available, sample dips on veggies instead of chips.
- Avoid bread & rolls.
- Someone will bring a green salad. Make sure to take a healthy portion.
- Don’t waste calories on beverages.
- Choose only 1 dessert.
- Track as well as I can.
How do you handle potlucks and holiday eating?